[BNC-grads-list] NSAC Coffee Hour - Today @ 3:30pm

Samuel Peana speana at purdue.edu
Fri Jan 31 14:25:39 EST 2020

Hi all!

Just a as a reminder today is our weekly coffee hour! Today the talk will
be given by Zhaxylyk Kudyshev from Prof. Vladimir Shalaev and Prof.
Kildishev's groups! The talk will be over the use of *Machine
learning-assisted classification of quantum emitters*

As per usual coffee and snacks will be provided!

*What: NSAC Coffee Hour talk*
*When: Friday, 1/31/**2020, **3:30 pm*
*Where: BNC Atrium*
Speaker*: Zhaxylyk Kudyshev*
Title: * Machine learning-assisted classification of quantum emitters*

*Abstract: *
Deterministic nanoassembly may enable unique integrated on-chip quantum
photonic devices. Such integration requires a careful large-scale selection
of nanoscale building blocks such as solid state single-photon emitters by
the means of optical characterization. Second-order autocorrelation is a
cornerstone measurement that is particularly time-consuming to realize
on a large
scale. We have implemented supervised machine learning-based classification
of quantum emitters as “single” or “not-single” based on their sparse
autocorrelation data. Our method yields a classification accuracy of over
90% within an integration time of less than a second, realizing roughly a
hundredfold speedup compared to the conventional, Levenberg-Marquardt
approach. We anticipate that machine learning-based classification will
provide a unique route to enable rapid and scalable assembly of quantum
nanophotonic devices and can be directly extended to other quantum optical
measurements

Look forward to seeing you there!

Sincerely,

-Sam Peana