[BNC-grads-list] Birck Electron Microscopy Core

Xingtao Liu liu1749 at purdue.edu
Wed May 15 14:52:38 EDT 2019

Dear EM Users

Today, you may noticed that the equipment of BRK Electron Microcopy Core are all offline, but do not worry, you can still use the machine, the training and practice sessions will NOT be affected. If you did not pay attention to the BNC news, I have copied the news about EM Core, which is shown below:

Dear BNC Community,

the EM core at Birck will be merging with other EM cores on campus to form the Purdue EM Super Core. As part of the transition, in a couple of weeks, will be moving all content from Birck EM iLab to the Purdue EM iLab website:

https://purdue.ilabsolutions.com/sc/3985/purdue-electron-microscopy-facility/?tab=equipment

Please use the link above to make reservations, training and services request.

Also, the new state-of-the-art microscopes at Birck are online. More information will be posted on the Birck website as well as on the iLab Purdue EM Facility, however the new systems are the Themis Z Aberration Corrected Monochromated S/TEM with EDX and EELS capabilities, the Helios G4 Dual Beam SEM/FIB with EDX capabilities, and the Apreos SEM in the cleanroom. We will be starting training on May 6th for all systems. Please go onto iLab and request the necessary training to get you in the system queue.

Best,

Rosa E Diaz

EM Research Scientist, BNC

If there is any questions, please let us know. We will always try our best to help. Wish all a wonderful summer!

Best regards,
Xingtao Liu
Ph.D. Student
School of Industrial Engineering