[BNC-grads-list] NSAC Academic Tour (Free lunch)

Paul Somers psomers at purdue.edu
Thu Nov 15 08:54:08 EST 2018

Hi all!

The date for this event is this Friday, 11/16. Sorry for the confusion!

Paul

On Nov 15, 2018, at 7:07 AM, Paul Somers <psomers at purdue.edu<mailto:psomers at purdue.edu>> wrote:

Dear all,

Each semester NSAC organizes an academic tour for the benefit of graduate students, to broaden their research exposure, build collaborations and open avenues for future jobs. We have regularly visited important research institutes such as Argonne national lab, Fermi national lab, Northwestern University etc.

This semester, we have planned to explore our own backyard and learn more about world class facilities at Discovery park which many of us are unaware of and which could lead to important collaborations in the near future.

We will be visiting Bindley Bioscience Center, Martin Jischke Hall of Biomedical Engineering, and Herrick Lab. The tours have been specially organized to provide in depth visits to the labs, which is otherwise not possible even for Purdue students. Hence I encourage you all to take this opportunity and learn more about the facilities around us.

The planned schedule is outlined below:
12:30-1pm: SPONSORED LUNCH - meet in Birck Atrium
1-1:45pm: Bindley tour
2-2:45pm: Martin Jishke Hall tour
3-4pm: Herrick lab tour

We have a limit of 20 students and you can sign up here: https://goo.gl/forms/kPXEG3InXtHg2cS92