[BNC-grads-list] Nobel Laureate to Address Photonics Conference at Purdue in August

Deesha Shah shah263 at purdue.edu
Thu Jun 14 16:50:13 EDT 2018

Later this summer the Purdue OSA student chapter will be co-hosting IONS
Midwest 2018 with the University of Dayton.

The conference will promote research in the optical sciences across the
Midwest and will feature talks from students, post doctoral scholars, and
invited guests. In fact, we have been fortunate enough to have *John Hall,
the 2005 Nobel Laureate in Physics*, as one of our plenary speakers. The
conference program will also include a poster session and networking events
with industry. We believe IONS Midwest 2018 would be a wonderful
opportunity for you to connect with the broader research community in the
area of optics and photonics. More details can be found in the attached
flyer and at – (http://ionsmidwestus2018.osahost.org/) .

The dates for the conference at Purdue University are *Thursday, Aug 2nd
and Friday, Aug 3rd in Discovery Park* later this summer. Please consider
submitting an abstract – either for a talk or for a poster. You are welcome
to use posters prepared for previous conferences.

Furthermore, through a generous contribution from the College of
Engineering, *registration for the conference is free* and we will be
selling tickets separately for the formal banquet with industry and plenary
speakers.

We look forward to seeing you at the conference!

Sincerely,

Deesha Shah
Conference Co-Chair
IONS Midwest 2018