[BNC-grads-list] NSAC Spring Picnic and Officer Election (April 26th 2018)

Sajid Choudhury sajidmc at purdue.edu
Mon Apr 23 16:26:57 EDT 2018

 Dear all,

We have the spring picnic of NSAC coming up on April 26th, where we will
have *live music*, *food* and elect new officers of NSAC 2018-19. Professor
Dana Weinstein will be our special guest at the picnic.

*What: NSAC Spring Picnic*
*When: Thursday, 4/26/**2018 5:00 pm*
*Where: PVCC Lounge and Patio*

*Please RSVP using the following link for the
picnic. https://goo.gl/forms/FVLxkhFyv89CIqi72
<https://goo.gl/forms/FVLxkhFyv89CIqi72>*

*Food*
We will have Moe's fajita bar and tres-leches cake for the dinner.

*Live Music*
For the live music, we will have an amp, mic, and mixer, and have it in
Open Mic style. Please feel free to bring your own instruments to perform.
So far we have performers with Electric Guitar, Bass Guitar, and Saxophone.

*Officer Election*
NSAC will have the election for the 2018-19 Executive Board for four
positions: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary. We would have
open nominations from the attendees. If you want to run for a position, you
must attend the spring picnic. Also, please prepare for a 1-2 minute speech
addressing the following questions:

   - What leadership experience do you have?
   - What voluntary activities within NSAC have you participated in?
   - What is your vision for NSAC for the upcoming year?
   - Any particular ideas that you want to implement if you become the NSAC
   officer.
   - *How much actual time commitment can you make to NSAC?* (Consider if
   you would be too busy to participate/lead in the activities of NSAC before
   running.)

*Agenda*
5:00 Dinner Served
5:30 Remarks by the current NSAC President
5:35 Speech by Deputy Director of Birck, Prof Dana Weinstein
5:40 Group photo with all participants of picnic
5:45-6:15 Live Music Performance
6:15-6:45 Officer Election of NSAC
6:45-7:30 Wrap up

Thanks

Sajid Choudhury
President
Nanotechnology Student Advisory Council (NSAC)