[BNC-grads-list] FW: Job announcement: Distinguished postdoctoral research associate in Radar Science

Anthrop, Heather L hanthrop at purdue.edu
Fri Apr 24 12:40:07 EDT 2015

I am a recruiter at Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Eastern Tennessee.  I was wondering if you could help me with promoting a position with the EE grad students.
We are currently seeking recent PhD graduates interested in radar science for a distinguished postdoctoral program.  Attached is a full description.

The positions are working under the direction of Dr. Jacob Barhen, Corporate Fellow and Director of the Center for Engineering Science Advanced Research (CESAR).
CESAR's focus is to develop transformational capabilities in signal processing science that enable disruptive remote sensing technologies in support of the DOD.  http://www.cesar.ornl.gov/
We have up to five CESAR Distinguished Postdoctoral Research Associate positions available immediately for candidates interested in and capable of performing leading-edge research and development in the area of Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) W-band radar for potential applications to space situational awareness (SSA) and ballistic missile defense (BMD).   Please note, this position requires the ability to obtain a DOE Security Clearance which requires US Citizenship.
For this effort, our research priorities include (1) the development of target discrimination methodologies exploiting Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM) signaling in the context of AESA W-band hardware, and (2) their efficient, massively parallel, real-time implementation on current state-of-the-art ultra-low-power accelerated processors in a network-embedded environment.
We offer a competitive salary ($75-90K), comprehensive benefits package and relocation assistance.  These positions are located in beautiful Eastern Tennessee.

Best Regards,

Kate Carter
Recruiter
Computing and Computational Sciences Directorate Oak Ridge National Laboratory
865-310-0553