[BNC-grads-list] NSAC: Tip of the Week

NSAC nsac at purdue.edu
Tue Oct 29 22:28:37 EDT 2013

Dear All,

NSAC realizes the importance of promoting the best research practices at
the Birck Nanotechnology Center. In order to help reach this goal we are
launching a strategy called "Tip of the Week". Every week you will find a
safety tip in the kitchen tables and in Birck common areas highlighting key
points of lab safety and procedures. After several weeks, we will have a
quiz game/activity based on these tips and find the most knowledgeable
student at Birck.

*Tip of the Week #1:**Doors, food and drinks*

   - No eating, drinking, or chewing gum in research areas including the
   labs and support galleys.
   - Doors must be closed and locked at all times. (DO NOT prop doors
   open.)
   - Do not touch door knobs or telephones with gloved hands.
   - Before leaving laboratory, remove and discard gloves, and wash hands
   (BIO-LABs).

Best,
Policies and Procedures Committee of NSAC