[BNC-grads-list] Fwd: [NCN-students] Volunteers needed - project judging in April - GET A TSHIRT:)

John Wilcox jrwilcox at purdue.edu
Thu Mar 14 14:06:28 EDT 2013

Dear NCN and Birck Students,

NCN/nanoHUB is working with ENGR 132 faculty on an exciting project where
First-Year Engineering students are developing MATLAB-based tools that
introduce/illustrate concepts of nanotechnology and nanoscience.  High
quality programs may be deployed on nanoHUB to enable other first and
second year students to learn about nanotechnology.  The project is set up
with NCN acting as the client requesting these tools of the student teams.
We would like to engage you (NCN and Birck graduate students) in the
process of giving student teams feedback to help them advance their
educational tools.

No experience is required of you - ENGR 132 faculty will provide all
necessary instruction about how to evaluate the projects.

Because a large number of ENGR 132 students are engaged in this project, we
need a large number of volunteers to help with the evaluations.  There are
two separate evaluation phases as follows:

*Phase 1:  Monday, April 1, 5-8.30pm: * Group work session:  Evaluation of
“storyboards” – initial plans from the student teams for their tool
design.  Location:  TBD.  Dinner will be provided.

*Phase 2:  Tues/Wed, April 23/24:*  In class visits for student teams to
demo beta versions of their tools.  Please plan to attend one or more
classes in Armstrong Hall (room numbers will be provided later) at the
following times:

Tues., April 23:  7.30-9.30am,   9.30-11.30am,    11.30am-1.30pm

Wed., April 24:  11.30am-1.30pm

Whether your expertise is in experimental nano, theoretical nano,
computational nano, or tool development, we need your help!  Please
volunteer for both phases if possible, but if you cannot help with both, we
would still be very happy to have you help wherever you can.   For those
who can participate in at least one phase, we would be happy to provide a
formal letter of thanks from NCN detailing your participation.  In
addition, *anyone who can participate in both phases will receive a nanoHUB
t-shirt of their choice after participating.*

We greatly appreciate your help.  If you can volunteer, *please register at:
*

https://purdue.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0cxDzrNlFidf4Sp
<https://purdue.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0cxDzrNlFidf4Sp>

Let me know if you have any questions, and thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Lynn
Lynn K. Zentner, Ph.D.
Technical Director, Network for Computational Nanotechnology
Hall for Discovery and Learning Research (DLR)
Purdue University
207 South Martin Jischke Drive
West Lafayette, IN  47907-1971
765-494-6742