[BNC-grads-list] FW: NSAC/NCN Seminar on March 1, 2012 at 3:30-4:30 PM

Black, Nancy Lee blackn at purdue.edu
Fri Feb 24 08:43:04 EST 2012

NSAC/NCN Seminar Series 2012

Topic: Non-planar 3D III-V MOSFETs for high-speed low-power logic applications

Abstract: In this talk, we review recent developments on non-planar 3D III-V MOSFETs for high-speed low-power logic applications. In the 2011 ITRS roadmap, III-V MOSFETs have been considered promising candidate for Si CMOS at beyond 14nm technology node, due to its high mobility and saturation velocity. Targeting the 14nm channel length, we demonstrated non-planar 3D III-V transistors, including InGaAs FinFETs, HFinFET, and gate-all-around nanowire MOSFETs by top-down approach, to address the increasing demand for electrostatic control. Fabrication and characterization of the 3D III-V MOSFETs are summarized in this talk.

Speaker: Jiangjiang Gu, PhD candidate(Prof. Peter Ye Group) in ECE, Purdue University

Date/time: Thursday, March 1, 2012 3:30 PM- 4:30 PM at Birck 1001

Refreshment will served.