[BNC-grads-list] [OPSC]Team Quiz Contest "So You Think You Know Optics Well ? ''

Andy Huang andyhuang.purdue at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 14:47:31 EST 2012

Dear students,

To celebrate the end of the semester and welcome the coming of New Year, we (Purdue Optical Society of America Student Chapter) are holding a team quiz contest next Wednesday at 5pm in BRK 1001. The content of this contest includes a variety of interesting knowledge and historical events with regard to Purdue and the World of Science! Optics, of course, is one of the most essential and hottest disciplines with numerous innovative and significant applications, such as lasers, LED, radar, solar cells, etc.

The questions of quiz contest will be jeopardy and pretty straightforward (even solvable for undergrads). You can either register only yourself or you can bring your teammates together ! However, the maximum number of all teammates in one team is 3.

We provide two awards for the winners ! If you like to join Optical Society of America (OSA) as a student member, we will offer you a one-year free membership (total value of $35 )! Or we will award a total of $50 gift card for the winning team. Plus, we also have special prize for the player of best performance during the contest ! You are also welcome to join our chapter !

We encourage all of you to show up in this contest as there will be a lot of fun and BIG prizes ! We also provide delicious Chinese food and drinks for all participants, even if you are just audience.

We require all attendees register this contest on line,  you can fill the forms here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dDZKcERRbmZOWUZqQlFLOWpoa0RfZkE6MQ

If you have trouble opening the above link, please reply to me with your name and any teammates you would like to be with. If you have other questions regarding to this quiz contest, please feel free to let me know asap.

Thank you so much for your attention and we are looking forward to seeing everyone next Wednesday.

Happy holidays and have a good winter break !

Best,
Andy Huang
Treasurer of Purdue Optical Society of America Student Chapter