[BNC-grads-list] Network subnet transition in all Birck graduate student offices

Al Mondero mondero at ecn.purdue.edu
Thu Aug 2 16:05:15 EDT 2012

Birck Graduate Students:

The transition is still underway, and over half the first floor graduate
offices are done.  But in order to step things up a bit,
I'd like to schedule each room now, so that it all gets done by the end
of next week (with the exception of brk 1238).  These will be done in
the morning, so please make sure you log off before 7am those days.
If you have running experiments, please make sure you reply to the
reply-to: address of this message to reschedule if you cannot log off.

8/6/12
1076
1226
1230

8/7/12
2088
2084
2080
2076 (the other half of the room)

8/8/12
2218
2222
2226

8/9/12
2230
2234
2238

A note for self-supported PC users:
We've been trying to leave notes with your new IP address and hostname
on each machine so that you can make the adjustments on your own.  But
here are the general network settings that you'll need:
Hostname and IP address: provided to you via post-it note or gold sticker
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 (most of the time you will not need to change
this)
Gateway:  128.46.222.1

DNS settings should stay the same, but here they are for reference:
DNS1: 128.46.154.76
DNS2: 128.210.11.5

If you have any questions, please let us know.