[BNC-grads-list] FW: Wea Ridge Elementary Science Fair

Black, Nancy Lee blackn at purdue.edu
Tue Apr 10 15:43:25 EDT 2012

Subject: Wea Ridge Elementary Science Fair

My fellow scientists and engineers,

The Wea Ridge Elementary School Third Grade Science Fair has been scheduled.  I'm looking for judges to work on Tuesday, April 17th.  The judging will take place in the morning from 9:30-11:30am.  This usually takes about 1.5 hours.  There will be 3-6 judges per room (depending on size of class), and there are 5 rooms of students.  The school is located about 10 minutes southeast of campus at 1333 E, 430S, Lafayette, IN.

The kids think it's cool that scientists and engineers come to judge their projects, and the teachers appreciate our volunteered time.  Please take advantage of this opportunity to represent your profession.  You may be the first science or engineering professional the student has met, and the memory you create will impact that child's life.  In addition, the model you provide may influence a student's career choice.

Please let me know if you, or someone you know, would like to help out or would like more information.

Thanks,
Brenda Hofmann
USDA-ARS
National Soil Erosion Research Laboratory
275 S. Russell Dr.
West Lafayette, IN 47907
bhofmann at purdue.edu
Ph. 765-404-2111