[BNC-grads-list] NCN Student Research Symposium, ON BEHALF OF THE NCN STUDENT LEADERSHIP COUNCIL (SLC)

Starewich, Deborah S. dstarewi at purdue.edu
Tue Jun 2 16:35:39 EDT 2009

You are invited to present at the NCN Student Research Symposium (NSRS) 2009 on June 16, 2009 at MRGN 129, Purdue University (see attached flier). This year the Symposium is being held in conjunction with the NCN Annual Site Visit so that students from all NCN nodes can participate. The Symposium shall include all theoretical and experimental research related to Nanoscience/ technology and computational science useful for simulations in this area. It is a great opportunity to present your research to peers across the NCN nodes. The objective is to encourge wider collaboration and useful discussion among students. For some images from NSRS 2008, please visit: http://nanohub.org/topics/NCNPurdueStudents/NSRS [This page shall also be updated with the latest information for NSRS 2009].

Schedule:
9:30 AM - 12:00 noon     Paper Presentation Session I (MRGN 129)
12:00 noon - 1:30 PM     Lunch and Poster Session (MRGN Lobby)
1:30 PM - 4:00 PM          Paper Presentation Session II (MRGN 129)

Call for Papers:
Please email a short abstract (150 words) to ncn.slc.amrit at gmail.com or to aeislam at purdue.edu. Only electronic versions in MS Word or pdf formats shall be considered. The deadline for abstract submission is 11:59 PM EST on Friday, June 5, 2009. There will be a total of 20 presentations, evenly divided between the two sessions. A computer with MS Powerpoint and projector shall be provided. The accepted presenters shall be notified by June 10, 2009 and they are highly encouraged to email a copy of the Powerpoint slides for their presentations by June 15, 2009 to avoid delays on the day of the symposium. Each speaker shall be provided a maximum of 15 mins for their presentation and question/ answer session. We recommend 11 mins of presentation and 4 mins of Q/A, but this distribution is solely at the speaker's discretion.

Call for Posters:
All students who will exhibit posters to the NCN Site Visit Team on June 17 are recommended to also participate in the Poster Session on Jun 16, which will act as a dry run for their posters. Other students are invited to exhibit posters showcasing their research. You can bring the posters along with you on Jun 16. We will have a stand and board ready for you. However, you need to RSVP to ncn.slc.amrit at gmail.com by 11:59 PM EST on Friday, June 10, 2009 that you wish to exhibit a poster at the symposium.

We hope that you shall avail of this opportunity to showcase your research to your peers and benefit from discussions and future collaborations. We look forward to seeing you there!

Sincerely,
The NCN Student Leadership Council (SLC)