[BNC-grads-list] 9-23-07 SUNDAY DP Visit for the Big 10+ Grad Expo Tour

Deborah Starewich dstarewi at exchange.purdue.edu
Tue Sep 18 14:45:10 EDT 2007

Greetings!

In conversing with Dana Werner from the Graduate Student Recruitment
Services, we expect somewhere around 80 guests for this visit on Sunday,
September 23, 2007 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Candiss Vibbert and I talked through this event and we would like to have
this large group divided into 4 smaller groups of approximately 20 attendees
to tour Bindley and Birck.  This would allow for 2 tour guides from Bindley
and two from Birck to accommodate this group.  Dr. Vibbert feels that
graduate students would be fine for this tour.  If there is one graduate
student who would be willing to be the lead person for this visit, other
staff would not need to attend.  We would need a graduate student who has
access to the buildings, is responsible and willing to welcome and divide
the large group into 4 smaller groups.  We could ask them to meet in the
Morgan Center or the Atrium of the Birck Center.

A proposed agenda:

4:30 p.m. to 4:40 p.m. - Gather the group, welcome them and divide into
Groups A, B, C and D
4:40 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. - Groups A and B tour Bindley while Groups C and D
tour Birck
5:15 p.m. to 5:25 p.m. - Switch buildings
5:25 p.m. to 5:50 p.m. - Groups A and B tour Birck while Groups C and D tour
Bindley
5:50 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. - Gather the 4 groups together and answer any
questions

Please note from the email below the different disciplines which will be of
interest to these potential graduate students.

We look forward to hearing from you about how we can accommodate this visit.
Thanks!

All the best,

Beth W. Smith
Secretary
Discovery Park Engagement
Purdue University
(765) 494-0015

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU¹RE WILLING TO HELP OUT. THANKS!
DEBORAH