[Bnc-faculty-all-list] FW: Virtual Judges Needed for 2022 Lafayette Regional Science and Engineering Fair Second Request

Black, Nancy Lee blackn at purdue.edu
Wed Mar 2 12:43:10 EST 2022

We are still in need of judges.  Can you please send this request again to grad students, staff and faculty?
Vicki Bower
2022 Judge Coordinator

Virtual Judges needed for the 2022 Lafayette Regional Science and Engineering Fair

Hello! Would you be willing to act as a virtual judge at the 2022 Lafayette Regional Science and Engineering Fair?

If you are receiving this message, it means you are eligible to volunteer as a judge in the 2022 Lafayette Regional Science and Engineering Fair in March 2022. This year, we have over 200 young experimentalists (5-12 graders) eagerly awaiting a chance to share their projects with you. The fair is only a few weeks away, so right now they are working hard on their projects. Students are going the extra mile this year to prepare virtual presentations, and having many judges from a variety of disciplines helps us award prizes most fairly to deserving projects.

That’s where you come in.

Students will be submitting their work in a brief, 7-10 slide powerpoint, along with a 30 second introduction and optional narration. If you sign up to judge you will be assigned about 10 projects to score, which should take 2-3 hours at most, and will need to submit feedback through a google form. Judging will occur in two sets based on age group, and you may participate in either one or both sets according to your availability. The judging materials are made available on the morning of the first day, and we ask that you submit your responses by midnight on the final day. The dates for judging rounds are as follows:

Senior (grades 9-12): March 9-18

Junior (grades 5-8): March 9-21

If you are able to judge, please sign up using the link below. You will receive an email closer to the time of the fair with your category assignment and detailed instructions.

Sign-up link: https://forms.gle/C8DKTpMFPd7cZuuU8

Feel free to email me at lrsef2022 at gmail.com<mailto:lrsef2022 at gmail.com> with any specific questions or concerns not covered in the survey. Thank you so much for your help, and we hope to hear from you!

Best Regards,

Vicki Bower (lrsef2022 at gmail.com<mailto:lrsef2022 at gmail.com>)

2022 Judge Coordinator

and