[Bnc-faculty-all-list] Zeiss Orion He Ion Beam System Survey

Abrol, Sangeeta Saddul abrols at purdue.edu
Tue Feb 8 08:15:52 EST 2022

Sent on behalf of Zhihong Chen

Dear Colleagues,

We invited a Zeiss scientist to give a presentation on the functionalities and applications of the Zeiss Orion He Microscope and Ion Beam tool. Please see the attached document including the link to the presentation and summary for the tool, prepared by Rosa Diaz. If you think your research can benefit from this tool and your group will likely become a user, please let me know and share the potential application and usage you envision. Since the installation of this tool, allocating staff time, and purchasing yearly service contracts will be costly, we would like to survey the user base before making the decision to acquire this tool or not. Please provide your feedback in the next week or two.

Thank you,

Zhihong Chen

Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Interim Director of Birck Nanotechnology Center
Purdue University
1205 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2057
Tel: (765)494-0772<tel:%28765%29494-0772>
Fax: (765)496-8299<tel:%28765%29496-8299>
Email: zhchen at purdue.edu<mailto:zhchen at purdue.edu>