[Bnc-faculty-all-list] Webinar by Prof. Mehdi Kiani, Penn State University: Jan 28 10AM-11AM

Gupta, Sumeet Kumar guptask at purdue.edu
Fri Jan 22 01:20:56 EST 2021

Hello

It is my great pleasure to host Prof. Mehdi Kiani of Penn State University to present his work in the Seminar Series for ECE Faculty and Students. The details are below and attached. Hope to see you in the webinar.

Thanks

Sumeet

When:January 28, 2021 (Thursday), 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM (ET)

Where: https://purdue-edu.zoom.us/j/3164232249

Title:  Advanced Biomedical Interfaces with Innovative Integrated Circuits and Systems

Abstract:  Over the past decade, we have witnessed significant efforts towards the development of innovative technologies that can radically enhance our understanding of the extremely complex central and peripheral nervous systems (CNS and PNS) by modulating and imaging neural and electrophysiological activities with high spatiotemporal resolution at large scale. These technologies can eventually be utilized in establishing interfaces with the CNS and PNS to offer effective, minimally invasive, and long-term solutions for neurological disorders and chronic disabilities. In this talk, I will present our recent efforts towards the development of advanced biomedical interfaces with innovative integrated circuits and systems and wireless power/data transfer. In particular, I will discuss two projects focused on using ultrasound to enable wireless implantable technologies for large-scale gastric electrical-wave mapping and brain neuromodulation.

Speaker Bio: Mehdi Kiani received his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology in 2012 and 2013, respectively. He joined the faculty of the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the Pennsylvania State University in August 2014 where he is currently an Associate Professor. His research interests are in the multidisciplinary areas of analog, mixed-signal, and power-management integrated circuits, wireless implantable medical devices, neural interfaces, and assistive technologies. He was a recipient of the 2020 NSF CAREER Award. He is currently an Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems and IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering. He serves as the technical program committee member of the IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC) in the power-management subcommittee.