[Bnc-faculty-all-list] Draft of 'Official' SOPs from EVPRP Office

Reger, Ronald K rreger at purdue.edu
Fri May 29 15:04:57 EDT 2020

Dear Birck Faculty and Staff,

Theresa held a WebEx update this Thursday and presented some new information regarding the upcoming research ramp-up.  She gave a glimpse of a draft of the official SOP that is being refined for release early next week.

Thanks to many of you who already contributed SOP information using our unofficial template….. this got us out in front and ahead of the SOP curve.  However, the questions shown in Theresa’s draft SOP go beyond what we included in our SOP.  As of right now there are 20 proposed questions that will require significantly more detail.  Here is a draft of just the first 3 questions as captured in a screenshot during the webinar:

[cid:image001.png at 01D635BC.32B2A2E0]

Here is a screenshot of the 20 questions they’re considering so far.  The number of questions and the question set could change before the official release:

[cid:image003.png at 01D635C4.B26E6610]

It was also mentioned that this will be web-based, so the forms will have to be filled out online which will automatically submit them to the approving committee.

We should learn more next week, but we wanted to give you a heads-up about the official release of the SOPs and have you think about the information needed for your specific labs.

Ron