[Bnc-faculty-all-list] Birck Faculty Virtual Forum (Thursday)

Shakouri, Ali shakouri at purdue.edu
Wed May 6 10:11:32 EDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

I hope everybody is doing well and that you are staying safe and healthy.

We are in unprecedented times with major global disruptions. I know many have been consumed by quickly changing the instructions to online format. I also know that many experimental groups are eager to resume their research.

For the moment, the guideline for critical research is similar to the one that was announced in March (see COVID-19 on EVPRP website). We currently have about 15 groups who have submitted their critical research form to EVPRP and our Birck staff are doing their best to support this research.

Theresa Mayer’s email on Sunday and President Daniels’ video on Tuesday announced that Purdue is pursuing a phased approach for ramp-up activities. Various colleges as well as EVPRP have working groups who are developing standard operating procedures for different phases of the ramp-up (for example, phase 1 started on Monday and will be until May 15). Also, you should have received some information about summer activities (faculty summer salary or student support charged to grants, etc.).

Jaime will send an invitation for a Birck Faculty Virtual Forum tomorrow Thursday 8:30-9:30am. Zhihong, Sunil and I will give a brief overview of ongoing activities and planning at Birck but we also look forward to hear from you about your research priorities in the next couple of weeks and any questions. You can also email us to share your questions. Zhihong and I also would like to give a brief 15min update about Birck Annex planning which is coming to conclusion shortly.

We look forward to talk to you soon.

Best regards,
Ali, Zhihong and Sunil