[Bnc-faculty-all-list] REMINDER: Future BNC Meeting - Thurs. 2/7 @ 12pm in BRK 2001 - Mahdi Hosseini

Turner, Jaime J jjbiggs at purdue.edu
Wed Feb 6 16:41:02 EST 2019

REMINDER:

The next Future BNC meeting will be tomorrow Thursday, 2/7 @ 12pm (lunch provided) in BRK 2001.

Mahdi Hosseini<https://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/birck/directory/profile.php?resource_id=144226>, Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering will be presenting his research for the first half then the remainder will be open for high-level discussion of collaboration opportunities that can lead to future center of excellence and/or also brainstorm about a shared vision for Birck.  Please find below Mahdi's abstract.

Exploring Quantum Regime of Atom-Photon Dynamics for Applications in Sensing, Communication and Computations

Abstract: The coherent interaction of photons with atoms has broad applications in sensing, communication and computations. Understanding light-matter dynamics at the micro and macroscopic scales is key to developing scalable quantum photonic technologies. I will review our prior and recent results demonstrating various quantum mechanical effects at the atom-photon interface including recent observation of anomalous light emission from an array of atoms on chip. I will also discuss our multidisciplinary approach  for implementation of a scalable quantum communication network and then open discussion for potential collaboration within Brick.

Attached (and below) is the schedule of future BNC strategic thinking discussion meetings, please mark your calendars to attend if possible.

Date

Faculty

Topic

1/17/19

David Warsinger

Water Purification

2/7/19

Mahdi Hosseini

Exploring Quantum Regime of Atom-Photon Dynamics for Applications in Sensing, Communication and Computations

2/14/19

Ali Shakouri

Birck Strategic Planning

2/21/19

Yong Chen

Purdue Quantum Science and Engineering Institute (PQSEI)

3/7/19

Dana Weinstein

Birck Operations

3/21/19

Liang Pan

Laser / e-beam nano manufacturing

3/28/19

Mohit Verma

Microbiome

4/11/19

Rahim Rahimi

Nano Manufacturing

4/18/19

SPS Panel (Tracy Hudson)

Industrial contracting models panel discussion: Budgets and IP contracting issues

Thank you!

Jaime Turner
Administrative Assistant to the Director
Birck Nanotechnology Center | Room 1027 | W. Lafayette, IN
Office:  765.494.3509 | Fax: 765.496.8383 | Email: jjturner at purdue.edu<mailto:jjturner at purdue.edu>

[https://www.purdue.edu/brand/images/Purdue_University-150_Years_of_Giant_Leaps.png]
www.purdue.edu/giantleaps<http://www.purdue.edu/giantleaps>