[Bnc-faculty-all-list] FW: IMPORTNAT - Chemical Procurement

Turner, Jaime J jjbiggs at purdue.edu
Thu Mar 22 11:37:36 EDT 2018

Students/Faculty/Staff,

Most, if not all, of you saw the communication that was sent out last week regarding the hard deadlines for purchases made in Ariba related to the conversion of our financial systems to S4HANA.  I greatly appreciate the diligence that many of you have had to stock-up on your needed supplies to ensure that your research is not hindered by this conversion.  However, I do need to clarify the policy related to the stock-piling chemicals.

1.       Please ONLY order the chemicals that you have the capacity to properly store in your lab.

2.       It is NOT ALLOWABLE to store liquid chemicals above eye level.

3.       Flammable material MUST be stored in a solvent hood cabinet or flammable storage cabinet.

If, during the transition period, you need to order chemicals, you can bring a purchase request approved by Steve to the business office and check out a credit card to make the purchase.

I hope that this email clarifies this for you.  If you still have questions or concerns, please feel free reach out to me or Steve Jurss.
Thank you,
Erica Cox
Business Manager
Birck Nanotechnology Center