[Bnc-faculty-all-list] Meeting with HDR/ Birck's future infrastructure needs

Shakouri, Ali shakouri at purdue.edu
Thu Feb 1 08:28:17 EST 2018

Dear All,

Yesterday, we had a meeting with HDR, Physical Facilities, PRF and the developer for the ASPIRE apartments which is being built in front of Birck. The 4 story, 835 beds apartments will include three buildings. The closest one will be within 60 ft north of Birck. HDR is going to do a detailed analysis of the impact of noise, vibration and electromagnetic interference (DC and AC), etc. on Birck both during the construction and in the long term.

Meanwhile, if you notice any issues with the ongoing measurements and experimental characterization in your labs, which could be due to the construction activity, please let me and Mark Voorhis know so that we make sure any impact on the sensitive research at Birck is taken into account.

Best regards,
Ali