[Bnc-faculty-all-list] Nanodays 2017 - please encourage a couple of your students to volunteer - April 6 and 7

Peroulis, Dimitrios dperouli at purdue.edu
Wed Mar 22 01:14:14 EDT 2017

Dear colleagues,

As you know NanoDays has continued to be a very successful outreach activity for the Birck Nanotechnology Center every year, and this year is no exception.  It took only a couple of weeks advertising until we filled up every available visitor slot.  This year NanoDays is on Thursday and Friday, April 6 & 7.  Additionally, on Wednesday evening, April 5 we are hosting local Girl Scout troops and we're also inviting faculty, staff, and student families to join us that evening.

The success of NanoDays is heavily dependent on having many student volunteers to demonstrate the experiments and interact with the visitors, perhaps inspiring them into future careers in science and engineering.  We have opportunities for many more volunteers so I'm seeking your help.  The below call is going out a couple of times between now and NanoDays.

Would you please strongly encourage a couple of your students to join in this important activity as volunteers?  It is very rewarding to the many volunteers as they interact with young people and inspire them into STEM careers.

Thank you very much!

Best,
Dimitri

Dimitrios Peroulis
Professor, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Deputy Director, Birck Nanotechnology Center
Purdue University
1205 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2057
tel: (765) 494-3491