[Bnc-faculty-all-list] Nanodays 2016: We urgently need a couple of student volunteers from each group

Peroulis, Dimitrios dperouli at purdue.edu
Tue Mar 29 11:20:23 EDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,

Nanodays is just around the corner and we still need a large number of student volunteers. This is a minimal time commitment for them (about 2.5h) but provides many benefits for them, the research groups at Birck, and the Birck Center mission.

Would you be so kind as to help Birck Nanodays with 2-3 students from your group?

I have copied Swati and Jaime who are doing the majority of the work in this email. Also, for your convenience, I have included below an email you could share with your students as well as a relevant flyer.

I would really appreciate your help on making Nanodays a great success this year as well!

Thank you,
Dimitri

Dear all,
This is the time of the year again for NanoDays, a nationwide festival of educational programs about nanoscale science and engineering! NanoDays celebrations bring university researchers together with science educators to create learning experiences for children and adults to explore the minuscule world of atoms, molecules and nanoscale forces.
Birck Nanotechnology Center at Discovery Park is hosting NanoDays activities at Purdue since 2010. All Purdue faculties and students are invited to display their nano-related research at this event. We are looking for several enthusiastic volunteers, who enjoys explaining pre-designed scientific activities and answering curious questions by the future nano scientists.
 Be the part of this excellent 3 days event, April 13-15, 2016<x-apple-data-detectors://0>!
* Wednesday, April 13, 6pm-8pm<x-apple-data-detectors://1>:  Activities for Girl Scouts and Birck families
* Thursday, April 14, 9am-2pm<x-apple-data-detectors://2>: Activities for K-12 grade students
* Friday, April 15, 9am-2pm<x-apple-data-detectors://3>: Activities for K-12 grade students & general audience
 Note: NanoDays Training is on Thursday, April 7th, from 5:30-7:30pm<x-apple-data-detectors://4> in Birck atrium. Nanodays event information followed by hands-on activities.
Each volunteer will receive * Certificate of Appreciation (Clearly mention your First and Last name while registering) * Free T-shirt and * valuable experience!
*Food will be served at all sessions including the training session!
Volunteer sign up: http://vols.pt/Mz5LgH
If you're bringing your research to the event, please have your group representative send me the following information:
Title of activity, Name of supervisor, Days of participation, number of volunteers, name and email id of each volunteer. All attendees are required to register online.
For more information about NanoDays, please visit:
https://nanohub.org/groups/bnc/nanodays
 Please feel free to contact Swati Pol (spol at purdue.edu<mailto:spol at purdue.edu>) if you have any comments or questions.
We appreciate your interest and help in making this event successful to educate our community about 'nano'world!

Thank you!
NanoDays Team at Birck NanoTechnology Center, Purdue University