[Bnc-faculty-all-list] MRSEC Discussion Follow up.

Eric Stach eastach at ecn.purdue.edu
Wed Sep 2 20:17:58 EDT 2009

Colleagues:

I'd like to thank the many people who attended today, as well as
provide some follow through.

Today, David and I spent the time describing (our viewpoints) on both
Center efforts / proposals and MRSEC specific efforts / proposals.

I've attached the slides from that discussion.

For those of you unable to attend, you can see that at this point we
are in 'discovery': a period where we are trying to provide a forum
for groups to provide at least nascent descriptions of ideas that they
feel may fit into an IRG (Integrated Research Group) within the MRSEC
framework.

If you have an idea that you would like to air out / talk through in
the upcoming weeks, please let David or I know: if you cannot attend
because of other obligations, this should be OK as other members of
your group should also be able to articulate the ideas.

Again, thank you for your time today, and I look forward to seeing how
we can develop a process that leads to (perhaps multiple) successful
Center proposals.

Eric (and David)