[Bnc-faculty-all-list] Facility Shutdown ­ Spring 2010, ON BEHALF OF JOHN WEAVER

Starewich, Deborah S. dstarewi at purdue.edu
Tue Nov 24 11:00:30 EST 2009

[cid:3341905230_35593856]

INTEROFFICE MEMORANDUM

Birck Nanotechnology Center

Plans are underway for the five-year preventive maintenance activity involving a one-week shutdown of the BNC.  The tentative date for this shutdown is May 3-9, 2010.  This is during Finals Week, chosen based on faculty input on the best time to shut the facility down.  Please contact John Weaver jrweaver at purdue.edu <mailto:jrweaver at purdue.edu> if this week is a major problem for your research.  If I do not hear any objections prior to December 4, 2009, we will schedule the shutdown for the week of May 3, 2010.

This shutdown will be more serious and of longer duration that the normal semiannual shutdowns.  It will involve the entire week, and on Monday, May 3, 2010, all power to the building will be shut off.  This type of activity will occur only once in a five-year period, but is necessary for the testing and upgrade of the building systems.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this important preventive maintenance activity.