[Bnc-faculty-all-list] Equipment for the BNC, ON BEHALF OF TIM SANDS

Starewich, Deborah S. dstarewi at purdue.edu
Fri Feb 6 05:53:09 EST 2009

Dear BNC Colleague-

The stimulus package is likely to include funding that will go to
universities through the States or through the federal agencies.
"Shovel-ready" building projects and research instrumentation meet the
requirement that the funds can be spent quickly.

We have a fantastic building, but our tool set is still developing.  This
may be the unique opportunity to bring our instrumentation up the level of
the facility.

Please send any suggestions for major equipment to tsands at purdue.edu and
jrweaver at purdue.edu by 5PM Monday, February 9th. Include the following:

Brief description (incl. model number if you know it)
Approximate price
Vendor(s)

If you happen to know of a US-based vendor, please include this information.

If you do not know specifics, but have suggestions for broad functionalities
that should be augmented, please pass this information along as well.

Thanks!

Tim
--
Timothy D. Sands
Mary Jo and Robert L. Kirk Director, Birck Nanotechnology Center

Birck Nanotechnology Center
1205 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2057
phone: (765) 496-6105