[Bnc-faculty-all-list] Research Planning meeting: NSF MRSEC

Eric Stach eastach at ecn.purdue.edu
Mon Aug 24 15:05:56 EDT 2009

Colleagues:

David Janes and I are going to start a discussion regarding BNC
scientific directions, with an eye towards the NSF Materials Research
Science and Engineering Center proposal process that is slated for the
Fall of 2010.

More information about this submission can be found here: http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=5295
  and here:  http://mrsec.org/

We are hoping to get a wide range of input from interested faculty to
see where we as a community can put forward our best ideas so that we
maximize our chances of putting forward a winning proposal. And we are
hoping to do this early, so that we can be both thorough and
thoughtful.  He and I have some general ideas in mind, but they are
just starters.

We will meet every other Wednesday at 3:30 in Room 1099, starting
September 26th.   Your participation and input would be most welcome.

Eric Stach
David Janes