[Bnc-facility-notice] All spent Hydrogen Peroxide is to go down the drain

Jurss, Stephen E sejurss at purdue.edu
Fri Sep 9 09:42:39 EDT 2022

                Users,

                We found a non-halogenated waste bottle with 500 ml of hydrogen peroxide listed in it. Hydrogen peroxide is a very strong oxidizer and in the presence of hydrocarbons (solvents) could catch fire or explode!
                I repeat all hydrogen peroxide is to go down the sink with large volumes of water!

                Stephen Jurss
                Birck safety Manager