[Bnc-facility-notice] Humidity Control: Cleanroom and General Labs

Hosler, Daniel A dhosler at purdue.edu
Thu Mar 3 14:57:23 EST 2022

Dear BNC Users,

Over the winter months, our low-temp chiller has been out of service waiting on parts for repair.  The low-temp chiller is responsible for controlling high-humidity situations in the cleanroom and general lab spaces when outdoor temperatures go above 60°F.  During the winter months, humidity control can be maintained without the low-temp chiller, but with warmer weather on the way, we may see higher than normal humidity levels within Birck.

The parts for the repair have been on order for many weeks, and the vendor is still experiencing supply-chain issues.  Tentatively, the parts to repair the chiller are due to arrive the week of March 14.

We wanted to prepare you for this possible humidity issue, and we will inform you when the chiller is fully operational.  Please don't hesitate to reply with any questions or concerns.

Thank you,
Dan Hosler
Research Facility Planning Engineer
Birck Nanotechnology Center  |  Room 2287C
Office:  765.496.3883  |  Email:  dhosler at purdue.edu