[Bnc-facility-notice] NOTICE - Campus Steam is Off Line - Cooler Cleanroom & Lab Temperatures

Voorhis, Mark L. mvoorhis at purdue.edu
Sat Apr 30 20:54:50 EDT 2022

Dear BNC User,

This evening at 7:15 PM there was a power interruption that caused the campus steam and chilled water to shut down across campus. The campus chilled water to the center is operating at normal levels since the BNC center's chilled water is supplied from the north chiller plant that was not affected.  But the steam pressure coming into the center is at 0 psi (normal is 120psi).

Due to the loss of steam we are starting to see cooler temperatures in the general labs and cleanroom space.  If the steam does not come back on line we could see temperatures cool off down to 55° F in general lab and cleanroom spaces.  This will also have a direct impact on the cleanroom and  general lab humidity as well.

This issue is outside the control of the BNC building operations, but we will continue to monitor building system and will provide updates as conditions change.

Regards,

Mark Voorhis
Building Manager
Office: (765) 494-3036