[Bnc-facility-notice] NOTICE - BNC Spring Preventive Maintenance Shutdown - DATE CHANGE

Voorhis, Mark L. mvoorhis at purdue.edu
Mon Apr 8 09:05:32 EDT 2019

Dear BNC Users,

We need to push our preventive maintenance closure normally scheduled for the week of April 29, 2019 back to a tentative date starting the week of June 10 lasting until June 18.

We are currently dealing with multiple major building events that involve closure of the Birck Nanotechnology Center.  We wanted to reduce the number of closures to one.  We are in the middle of a capital project with Purdue Physical Facilities Department to add lab space and upgrade chemical exhaust systems for the cleanroom.  We have 3 major building events. 1) Integration of the cleanroom chemical exhaust system involves cutting into the cleanroom chemical exhaust in four locations to connect 20,000 CFM exhaust system.  2) Fix the 3000 amp building power feed that failed on February 3 super bowl Sunday requiring shutdown of all building HVAC systems. 3) Complete the normal spring preventive maintenance activities. We need to push our preventive maintenance closure normally scheduled for the week of April 29, 2019 back to a tentative date starting the week of June 10 lasting until June 18.

The June 10 to June 18 date is tentative due to the delivery of the main exhaust fans for the cleanroom exhaust project.  The longer closure is needed to complete the 3 major events in one closure.

We will send an update when the chemical exhaust fan delivery is firmed up.

Best Regards,

Mark Voorhis
Building Manager
Office: (765) 494-3036
[Purdue_University-150_Years_of_Giant_Leaps]
www.purdue.edu/giantleaps