[Bnc-facility-notice] The cleanroom is now open

Weaver, John R jrweaver at purdue.edu
Wed Oct 30 11:05:18 EDT 2013

The issue that caused the evacuation has been resolved and the cleanroom is now open for full operation. The laboratories were declared open for full operation when the building all-clear was announced. The entire facility is now in normal operation.

A software problem in the Axic system caused the chamber to vent a very small quantity of silane gas to the exhaust system. While the silane was fully contained in the exhaust, we evacuated the building as a safety precaution. Everything is now back to normal, and we will work with the equipment supplier to resolve the software situation.

John

John R. Weaver
Facility Manager
Birck Nanotechnology Center