[Bnc-facility-notice] Birck Nanotechnology Center Scheduled Power Interruptions

Weaver, John R jrweaver at purdue.edu
Thu Mar 29 08:55:26 EDT 2012

BNC User:

Discovery Park is expanding and one of the projects involved is the Bindley Bioscience Center Expansion that is scheduled for later this year.  As a result of the Bindley expansion we were informed that there will be at least 2 power outages lasting 4-10 hours for the Birck Nanotechnology Center.  At this time it is unknown the exact dates or down times, but we do know that the power outages will happen later this year (we are expecting late summer and late fall).  We were told that the contractor will provide a 30 day notice prior to each power outage.  Critical health and safety system will be protected by the building emergency generator system but all other building systems will be completely shut down as result of these interruptions.

We wanted to provide advance warning of these power outages and see if there are special requirements needed to support critical research tools during these hours when building power is off.  Please let me know as soon as possible of any special requirements so we can evaluate the requests and see if we can accommodate them.

If you have any questions or concerns please call me.

Thank you,

Mark Voorhis
Building Manager
Office: (765) 494-3036