[Bnc-facility-notice] Excavation at Bindley - Vibration Alert

Weaver, John R jrweaver at purdue.edu
Wed Aug 1 13:21:44 EDT 2012

Dear BNC Users -
Unknown to us, the contractor on the Bindley Expansion project needs to remove and break up the duct bank that runs in the area where the basement will go. There will be vibration of the BNC during that process. It will occur today (Wednesday) and tomorrow (Thursday) between 7:00 am and 5:30 pm.
My apologies for not giving advanced notice - the first I knew about it was when I felt my office shaking. The Purdue Construction Department responded immediately to my request and has reminded the contractor that advanced notice is required for this kind of work.
Thank you for your patience.
John

John R. Weaver
Facility Manager