[BNC-all] UPW Issue

Reger, Ronald K rreger at purdue.edu
Mon Oct 23 09:25:29 EDT 2023

Dear Birck Research Community,

We had an UltraPure Water system failure on Saturday resulting in our UPW system being totally down until we can get repair parts.  As a result all UPW-related processing is unavailable at this time.  Additionally since UPW is used to control the humidity in the cleanroom we will have conditions where cleanroom humidity is out of range.  Typically we control at 45% RH +/- 5%, and this morning it was running at 38%.  So please be aware of any humidity-sensitive processes.

We've closed the cleanroom temporarily this morning until signage can be placed on all UPW hoods and warning signs placed on the entrance doors.    Any hoods in labs that use UPW are also closed until the UPW system can be repaired and supplying normal UPW again.

We're working with the UPW parts supplier to expedite the repair parts, and we're sorry for this inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience.

Ron