[BNC-all] April 14 - Nano Expo event

Abrol, Sangeeta Saddul abrols at purdue.edu
Tue Jan 31 12:22:24 EST 2023

Sent on behalf of Neil Dilley

Dear Birck community,

After a 3 year pause, we are again planning outreach events at Birck Nano Center and we are excited to have our first one on April 14. While the NanoDays event has been  a great success in past years, we are asked this year to try a new emphasis by engaging high school students for the April event which we are calling:
Nanoscience Expo
This will be a small limited-scale event with 50-100 students in preparation for a larger one we plan in late September here.

I am writing to welcome your thoughts on engagement activities for high school students visiting Birck.
In contrast to the NanoDays open format in the atrium, this will be more a more structured experience where the students will visit several stations for ~30 minutes and have lunch here, all during a 3.5 hr visit. We are organizing the topics around 4 pillars:

Semiconductors
Quantum
Healthcare
Environment

The Nanoscience Expo strives to:

  *   Show relevance of nano in our daily lives
  *   give the students some concept about what a career in a nanoscience-related profession could look like
  *   do this using engaging and higher level activities

Please email Neil at ndilley at purdue.edu<mailto:ndilley at purdue.edu> with your thoughts.
Thank you for your input on making this a great event!
Best,
Neil

--
Neil R. Dilley, Ph.D.