[BNC-all] Rebooting Birck NanoDays event: brainstorming session

Abrol, Sangeeta Saddul abrols at purdue.edu
Wed Nov 30 08:39:44 EST 2022

Sent on behalf of Neil Dilley

Dear Birck community,

After 4 years of hiatus, our NanoDays event - our largest outreach event with typically 1000+ visitors - is back this April!
In addition to the activity kits, we get our each year, I am asking you all for new ideas to excite the kids and adults who will attend this 2.5 day event.

Some starting thoughts:

  1.  NSAC activity: mock clean room in BRK 1001?
  2.  Research groups present at tables: please email Neil Dilley @ ndilley at purdue.edu<mailto:ndilley at purdue.edu> if you would like to have a table.
  3.  New displays in the atrium: decals on the floor or balloon models showing atoms in structures like tunnel junctions, FETs, plasmonic structures... this is my starting point, please come brainstorm!

We will meet with coffee and snacks in:
BRK 1001
Thursday, Dec. 1, 3:45-4:15 (can go longer if the ideas are flowing!)

Thanks,

Neil R. Dilley, Ph.D.
Research Scientist
Birck Nanotechnology Center , Rm 1010