[BNC-all] Cleanroom Equipment Logging Kiosk Updates

Hosler, Richard S hosler0 at purdue.edu
Tue Jan 4 16:08:43 EST 2022

Dear Birck Cleanroom Research Community,

As part of a continuing initiative to understand and improve equipment and process usage patterns at Birck, we are upgrading the tool logging kiosks that have been deployed throughout the Scifres clean room. Previously we had been using tablet-based kiosks, but after some usage and feedback we have moved onto touchscreen chromebook laptops with physical keyboards. This will facilitate easier and faster use of the logging tools.  This is being implemented immediately, at the start of the 2022 calendar year.

When you have a session reserved on any of the tools below, you must use the chromebook kiosk to create a short log entry.
This is done by clicking the 'Create [Tool] Log' icon that appears when the system is woken up. Just answer the questions presented to the best of your knowledge. If the tool involves multiple subsequent sessions you can create one electronic log entry per run type.

You can also view the log entries for each tool by clicking the 'View [tool] Log' link. This is good for determining recent system usage patterns.

If you forget to create a log entry at the time of use you can use the links below to access the kiosk wiki pages from anywhere.

Other features include using the kiosk to log into iLabs or submitting a trouble ticket.

Kiosks are in place for the following tools:

*         Evaporation Core<https://wiki.itap.purdue.edu/display/BNCWiki/Evaporator+Kiosk+Page+CB> (Across from Panasonic)

o   CHA 1&2

o   Lesker Flexible Substrate

o   Leybold

o   PVD Metal/Magnetic

o   PVD GLAD

*         Panasonic Etcher<https://wiki.itap.purdue.edu/display/BNCWiki/Panasonic+E620+Kiosk+CB> (At Panasonic)

o   Panasonic E620

o   Apex Etcher (Soon)

*         Protemp Furnaces<https://wiki.itap.purdue.edu/display/BNCWiki/Protemp+Furnaces+Kiosk+CB> (At Protemp #1 Console)

o   Tubes 1-9

*         PECVD/Thermal Anneal<https://wiki.itap.purdue.edu/display/BNCWiki/PECVD+and+Thermal+Anneal+Kiosk+CB> (Between Blue M and Apex)

o   Apex HDPCVD

o   Axic PECVD

o   RCA Hood

o   Blue M

o   Jipelec RTA

*         Sputtering Core<https://wiki.itap.purdue.edu/display/BNCWiki/Sputtering+Kiosk+Page+CB> (Next to XeF on right side of sputtering bay)

o   PVD Nitride

o   PVD Metal/Dielectric

o   PVD 4-Target Magnetic

o   PVD 6-Target Magnetic

o   PVD Flexible Substrate

*         STS Etchers<https://wiki.itap.purdue.edu/display/BNCWiki/STS+Etch+Kiosk+CB> (Between STS Etchers)

o   STS AOE

o   STS ASE

*         Heidelberg<https://wiki.itap.purdue.edu/display/BNCWiki/Heidelberg+MLA150+Maskless+Aligner> (At Heidelberg console)

o   MLA150

*         AJA Ion Mill (coming soon)

Thanks for your assistance and let me know if you have any questions.

Rich Hosler