[BNC-all] Important Reminder Regarding Lab & Cleanroom Access

Reger, Ronald K rreger at purdue.edu
Wed Oct 6 10:49:01 EDT 2021

Dear all Birck users,

Some users have been observed to not be swiping into labs and the cleanroom, but rather entering on another user's card-reader swipe.  Please note that this is a serious violation of our protocols and policies as we depend on swipe and equipment-use income to offset the expenses of running this great research facility that we all benefit from.  If a person enters a lab without swiping this reduces our income and severely affects our ability to provide training, utilities, equipment services, and process work.  Additionally, card-reader swiping is a tool we use for COVID contact tracing and is critically important for the health of our community.  Not swiping-in is actually considered theft from the university, so please take this as a serious reminder to ALWAYS swipe into any lab or the cleanroom every time you enter.

Thanks for your consideration and support!

Ron

Ron Reger
Engineering Manager
Birck Nanotechnology Center | Room 2289 |
Office:  765.494.6667 | Email: rreger at purdue.edu<mailto:rreger at purdue.edu>
Wiki:  https://wiki.itap.purdue.edu/display/BNCWiki
iLabs:  https://purdue.ilabsolutions.com/homepage/