[BNC-all] Birck Rule Changes

Reger, Ronald K rreger at purdue.edu
Tue Nov 3 16:08:21 EST 2020

Dear Birck User Community,

We've been re-evaluating the COVID restrictions that have been in place since we reopened our facility.   We now have had several weeks of learning in our new environment and we are modifying two restrictions:

  1.  The 6:00 am - 10:00 am "staff-only" cleanroom restriction is being eliminated.  Therefore effective immediately any authorized cleanroom user may enter the cleanroom at any time.  Please continue to be mindful of the buddy requirement when working late at night or early in the morning..... namely do not do any acid processing without at least one other user in the cleanroom with you.
  2.  The gowning room capacity restriction of 3 people is being changed to 5 people.  There can now be 5 individuals in the cleanroom gowning room at any given time.  We hope this helps promote more efficient use of the gowning room while still maintaining the 6' social distancing requirement.

While these changes are effective immediately we will change any signage in the next couple of days.

Thanks for your cooperation and we will continue to evaluate our protocols as we move forward.

The Engineering Staff