[BNC-all] New ticketing system for Birck/Scifres equipment support

Turner, Jaime J jjbiggs at purdue.edu
Wed Jul 1 15:31:01 EDT 2020

Sent on behalf of Rich Hosler

Today the engineering staff would like to open up the new equipment support ticketing system to the general community. The goal of this system is to reduce downtime and improve communication regarding tool and equipment availability. In general we envision this tool to be the first point of contact for any support requests regarding equipment or services inside BNC.

I would ask that if you have any issues or questions regarding equipment in the Scifres Nanofabrication facility or with equipment residing in the BNC, please use the webpage below to submit a ticket. You do not have to create an account to put a ticket in, but it will help you track your tickets better if you do.

https://bircknano.freshdesk.com/support/home

All iLabs-tracked equipment should be represented in the list by the iLabs name. If you see a piece of equipment missing either put in a ticket for 'other' or email hosler0 at purdue.edu<mailto:hosler0 at purdue.edu> and I'll get the issue resolved. If you're unsure of which equipment to report under you can either select the general core that best represents the system or 'unknown/other'. Under the 'group' tab please select 'research engineering' if this is regarding equipment operation, otherwise there are categories for administration, iLabs billing, and building/installation issues.

If you are a tool/process owner and a ticket comes in for your equipment, I'll work to get you set up with an agent account so that you can respond to the ticket from Freshdesk when your first ticket comes in.

Any other questions you may have can be reported to hosler0 at purdue.edu<mailto:hosler0 at purdue.edu> and I'll do my best to get you an answer quickly.

Thanks for your assistance,

Rich Hosler