[BNC-all] BNC E-news for the week of Oct. 28th

Turner, Jaime J jjbiggs at purdue.edu
Mon Oct 28 11:58:49 EDT 2019

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D4EDE9.DE5D5B10]

Seminars /Workshops / Events

Tomoyuki Yokota Seminar<https://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/birck/events/index.php?view=2362>

Ultra-flexible Organic Electronics

October 28th  1:30pm in BRK 1001

PQSEI Seminar: Prof. Alex Ruichao<https://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/birck/events/index.php?view=2441>

Exploring Synthetic Quantum Materials in Superconducting Circuits

October 29th, 2019 @ 3:30pm in DLR 131

NextFlex Workshop: FHE Applications for Structural Health and Asset Monitoring Systems<https://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/birck/events/index.php?view=2270>

October 28th - Oct. 30th, 2019

Lundstrom-Datta Lecture Dr. Arun Majumdar<https://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/birck/events/index.php?view=2350>

Thermoelectric Energy Conversion: Science and Engineering Challenges and Opportunities

November 21st, 2019 @ 11:00am in MRGN 121

Bagwell Lecture - Seth Lloyd, Nam P. Suh professor of mechanical engineering and professor of physics at MIT<https://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/birck/events/index.php?view=2341>

Quantum computing: past, present, and future

November 22nd @ 3:00pm in MRGN 121

Birck Events<https://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/birck/events/index.php> and Birck News<https://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/birck/news/index.php>

Cleanroom Users

Cleanroom Users,

Due to limited space we need to remove unused small resist bottles. Please follow the procedures set below:

Action item:
- Put "S" sticker on your photoresist bottles.
- Label photoresist bottle as attached protocol.
- If you are using the previous user's bottle, please label with your name.
- Keep all the photoresist bottles in spinner hood cabinet or red cabinet between R and S bay. No other place allowed.

We are at a point in the cleanroom solvent storage areas that a large quantity of phot-resist bottles are present. With the addition of new users we are asking everyone to place an "S" sticker on the top of the container if you want to keep the material. Labels will be provided in the cleanroom. Photoresists bottles without the "S" label will be disposed of after October 25th.

Please label your photoresist bottles properly. The label should include the owner's full name, content, and date to start using. For the name, either full name or short name with Purdue ID. Jut initial is not allowed. I am sending the SOP for photoresist bottle label with label maker. Please do not use the stickers for the bottles "ready for disposal".

If you are using the previous users' bottle that already left, please label with your name. Otherwise, we will dispose them.

Please put the photoresist bottles in the cabinets under the spinner hoods or red cabinet between R and S bay. Please do not keep the photoresist bottle in your cleanroom storage bin. Please do not store the photoresist bottles in other cabinets such as the requested chemical cabinets. After the grace period, we will relocated all the photoresist bottles that are sitting in the other cabinets such as yellow cabinets.

Stephen Jurss
Birck Safety Officer

EVPRP Above and Beyond Award Nominations

It is time once again to nominate colleagues for the EVPRP Above and Beyond Award, which recognizes employees who have exhibited extraordinary effort and achievement - those people whose outstanding work extends well beyond their regular job responsibilities.  If you are aware of someone who matches this criterion, we encourage you to submit a nomination.

The nomination form and process guidelines are attached; final nominations are due by Friday, November 8th to Nicole Finley (kingman at purdue.edu<mailto:kingman at purdue.edu>).  Awards will be announced at the EVPRP Service Recognition Reception in December.

Thank you for the contributions you have made to our unit and I look forward to your nominations.

Cliff Wojtalewicz

Director of Operations and Administration

Discovery Park

Purdue University

Floor Scrubbing

Please note that the following offices will be unavailable from 5AM - 10:30AM on the dates listed.  You can still access labs through the galley doors.

  *   Oct. 29th Tuesday - West 1st floor subfab hallway from 5AM - 10:30AM (the freight elevator will be inaccessible on the first floor).

Please direct any question or concerns to Mary Jo Totten: tottenm at purdue.edu<mailto:tottenm at purdue.edu>

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

[Facebook icon]<https://www.facebook.com/nano.purdue.edu/>    [Twitter icon] <https://twitter.com/BNCPurdue>

***If you would like to share a Thank You/Kudos for a Birck staff, student or faculty who went above and beyond in the weekly news and atrium TV's please send to jjturner at purdue.edu<mailto:jjturner at purdue.edu> ***
***If you have any news items (published papers, research news, awards, honors) please send to jjturner at purdue.edu<mailto:jjturner at purdue.edu> so they may be included on Birck's website, Facebook and Twitter pages***

Jaime Turner
Administrative Assistant to the Director
Birck Nanotechnology Center | Room 1027 | W. Lafayette, IN
Office:  765.494.3509 | Fax: 765.496.8383 | Email: jjturner at purdue.edu<mailto:jjturner at purdue.edu>

[facebook image]<https://www.facebook.com/nano.purdue.edu/>   [twitter image] <https://twitter.com/BNCPurdue>

[https://www.purdue.edu/brand/images/Purdue_University-150_Years_of_Giant_Leaps.png]
www.purdue.edu/giantleaps<http://www.purdue.edu/giantleaps>