[BNC-all] Notification of Early Cleanroom Shutdown

Reger, Ronald K rreger at purdue.edu
Sat Oct 12 18:46:41 EDT 2019

Please see this message from Mark Voorhis:

Dear BNC Users,

We have been dealing with the serious building controls issue since 10PM yesterday evening with the cleanroom heating system that could shut down our cleanroom research and operation.  After detailed investigation and troubleshooting we need to order some unique control valve repair parts that we have not needed since we have open the center 14+ years.

We are using contingency plans for our pre heating system to keep the cleanroom operational - but we are on the edge - when outdoor ambient temperatures reach freezing levels where uncontrollable safety sensors can shut down all makeup air systems that is critical to cleanroom operations causing the cleanroom to go super negative.  For this reason we plan to shut down research and process in the cleanroom tonight at 12<x-apple-data-detectors://1> midnight.   Please make appropriate plans to secure your research that is sensitive to airborne contamination.   All bulk gases and nitrogen to dry boxes in the center will remain operational with no interruption from now throughout next week.

We are sorry for this unscheduled interruption and thank you for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Mark Voorhis
Building Manager
Office: (765) 494-3036<tel:(765)%20494-3036>
[Purdue_University-150_Years_of_Giant_Leaps]