[BNC-all] NOTICE - Campus Steam - Possible Cleanroom & Lab Shutdowns

Turner, Jaime J jjbiggs at purdue.edu
Mon Jan 28 15:41:11 EST 2019

All,

Wade power plant is predicting major loss of campus steam pressure during the extreme cold temperatures. There is a high chance that we will lose the cleanroom and general lab space humidity control (see humidity levels @ 15%).  We have not committed but Wade is asking us to move our office and none critical area temperatures to 68° or lower.  The goal is to protect hot water systems that is used for our critical air make up units that pulls extreme cold outdoor air and heats it up for the cleanroom and labs.   If don't have enough steam pressure we could trip automatic freeze protection systems and making our labs and cleanroom space extremely negative.  We will learn more as we start into the colder weather tomorrow morning

I wanted to get the word out that we may be in for some short notice interruptions.

Best Regards,

Mark Voorhis
Building Manager
Office: (765) 494-3036
[Purdue_University-150_Years_of_Giant_Leaps]
www.purdue.edu/giantleaps<http://www.purdue.edu/giantleaps>