[BNC-all] NOTICE - Birck Nanotechnology Center - All Lab & Cleanroom Operations are Down

Voorhis, Mark L. mvoorhis at purdue.edu
Sun Feb 3 22:14:17 EST 2019

All Users,

We have had a major failure of one of the buildings main power feeds to the center that controls all of our general lab and cleanroom HVAC system.  The general lab and cleanroom space temperatures and humidity is completely out of control with the temperatures heating up to 5° to 10° F over set point.   Please shut off all research equipment that is sensitive to high temperatures.  All toxic gases will be shut down as well.

This is the first time we have experience anything like this so it is unsure when the power will be restored.  Until further notice all Lab and cleanroom research will be shut down.

Mark Voorhis
Building Manager
Office: (765) 494-3036
[Purdue_University-150_Years_of_Giant_Leaps]
www.purdue.edu/giantleaps