[BNC-all] NOTICE - WEST LAB WING ONLY - Chemical Exhaust Interruption

Totten, Mary J tottenm at purdue.edu
Mon Sep 24 13:52:13 EDT 2018

Dear BNC Users,

Due to the planned Birck Nanotechnology building shutdowns scheduled for the middle and end of October 2018, we will need to complete a series of short interruptions of building systems to prepare for the major shutdowns planned for the week of October 15th and October 30th.

This interruption involves the WEST LAB WING ONLY for this coming Thursday (Sep 27, 2018) from 7:30AM - 8:30AM we will be shutting down all fume hoods and wet chemical process to install temporary power needed for the October shutdown.  You may notice that all the fume hood exhaust alarms going off indicating that it is UNSAFE to use the fume hoods at the time.   These fume hood alarms should clear once the exhaust systems are back to normal.

Best Regards,

Mark Voorhis
Building Manager