[BNC-all] Engineering Organization Announcement

Reger, Ronald K rreger at purdue.edu
Thu Jan 18 12:17:04 EST 2018

Engineering Organization Announcement

I am very pleased to announce that we have filled our Electron Beam Lithography Research Engineering position with Mr. Justin Wirth.  Justin, a current Birck engineering staff member responsible for optical lithography, mask making, the Birck Wiki, and process control & characterization has accepted a transfer to the newly created position of E-Beam Research Engineer, effective February 1st.  In this new role Justin will lead process development on the new JEOL e-beam system by supporting all research groups in evaluating new e-beam resists and developing new and novel device structures.  Justin will still be responsible for the Birck Wiki and will be available for broad process consulting.  This new position is complementary to Mr. Bill Rowe who will continue to provide JEOL, Raith, Nanonex, and optical microscope training, maintenance, and user support.

Additionally I am pleased to announce that Mr. Joon Park will assume the leadership responsibility for optical lithography including mask-making on the Heidelberg, training on spinners and aligners, training on the wafer bonder, and optical lithography process support.  Joon will also retain his responsibility for AFMs.  These new assignments for Joon are complementary to Mr. Wil Arnett who will continue to support optical lithography maintenance and equipment checks.  Additionally Wil will continue to cross train on the optical lithography systems and will back-up Joon.

Justin is a PhD candidate in ECE and will complete his defense later this year.  Joon is a PhD candidate in ABE and will complete his defense this year, and Wil holds a Master's degree in Technology and has just begun a PhD program in that school.

Please join me in contratulating these gentlemen on their assignments.

Ron Reger
Engineering Manager