[BNC-all] NanoDays 2018 Recap

Weinstein, Dana danaw at purdue.edu
Fri Apr 27 12:17:46 EDT 2018

Dear all,

NanoDays 2018<https://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/birck/events/NanoDays/index.php> was a great opportunity for all of us to help impact a lot of lives. Over 150 individuals and groups worked hard to make this event a big success! I would like to express a big thank you to everyone for contributing to this important event! As I am sure you have personally experienced, it makes a big difference for many kids and their families.

A special thank you goes to Ron Reger & Jaime Turner who chaired and led the event, and the Nanodays Committee members: Sarah Anderson, Neil Dilley, Sajid Choudhury, Nicole Finley,, Tim Miller, Joon Park, Sean Rinehart,  and Justin Wirth.

This year we had over 900 Pre-K through high school students participate in NanoDays, and over 130 volunteers who made it a successful STEM event for the next generation of scientists!

In addition to the traditional NanoDays demonstrations and experiments we had research booths showing a number of Purdue research groups and other technologies:

1)   Peroulis Group
2)    OSA/SPIE
3)    Daniel Suter group, nanobiology
4)    Liang Pan group, optics demos
5)    Alex Wei group, Au nanoparticles
6)    Jong Hyun Choi group, nanoparticles
7)   NanoHUB, build and model nanotubes
8)   Vlad Shalaev group
9)   Tongcang Li Group
10)   Joerg Appenzeller group, graphite racers and nanomagnetism

​We would also like to thank NSAC for their dedication in helping with Nanodays year after year and running of the mock cleanroom!

On behalf of the Birck Center, we wish to express our sincere thanks to all of the volunteers for making NanoDays 2018 a huge success!

With sincere appreciation,
Dana Weinstein
Associate Director of Operations, BNC

Dana Weinstein
Associate Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Associate Director of Operations, Birck Nanotechnology Center, Discovery Park
Purdue University
https://engineering.purdue.edu/hybridmems

[cid:D3B48EC2-DBE7-4D92-B8CE-2FC8DF5C7026 at lfytina2.metronetinc.com]