[BNC-all] microfluidics class spring 2018

Wereley, Steven T. wereley at purdue.edu
Tue Oct 17 16:02:21 EDT 2017

Hello Birck colleagues:  I’m forwarding on a description for a class I’m teaching next spring on small-scale fluid mechanics (actually it’s called micro/nanofluidics but I don’t want to get too hung up on any particular length scale). We look at how and why systems behave differently as they become small, in particular force scaling and continuum breakdown.  Sounds like Birck stuff, doesn’t it?  Please pass this along to any of your students are looking for an unusual class in the fluid mechanics area.

Here’s a link to the course list:
Micro/Nanofluidics - 16372 - ME 69700 - 009<https://selfservice.mypurdue.purdue.edu/prod/bwckschd.p_disp_detail_sched?term_in=201820&crn_in=16372>

Thanks!

Steve Wereley, Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Birck Nanotechnology Center, Room 2019, 1205 West State Street
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN 47907